Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Welcome Dr. Dr Parul Krishnamurthy as we prepare to head to India Tomorrow




I’m an Ob/Gyn in the Harrisburg, PA area for 9 years. I’m extremely grateful to WSF for this superb opportunity (my first one) to be the Gynecologist for this India Mission in Khambath, Gujarat. Ethnically hailing from this region myself makes it especially satisfying to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of the underprivileged women of this area. Women’s Health and Empowerment is my passion. I love to travel and spend time with family, enjoy cooking, entertaining and bridge. I also enjoy Dance in its many forms (Indian Classical genres, Indian Folk, Bollywood and Zumba).

My deepest gratitude and many thanks to all those around me who have made this possible.
Particularly, my colleagues at Women’s First Ob/Gyn Harrisburg, PA.  The Gyn OR staff at Pinnacle Health facilities.  The Hersha Group for their abundant generosity.  Dr. Mukul Parikh for superb logistical support.  My supportive family and finally my mother who has been the guiding light in my life and career inspiring me through all tribulations to this day.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Parul,
    Its simply great Karma that you guys are making this trip almost half way down the globe for such a noble cause. Hats off to WSF and Dr Mukul Parikh for organising the Mission. You know things will not be as cozy in Khambat as your team would be used to in US but as an Indian I can just say "Thank You" to each of your members. And, please also thank Cheryl for the neat postings. Have a nice n successful trip. Do call if I can be of help. And Yes, Nilaben is indeed a very proud mother and now more so for the cause. Will see U soon.

    Take care,

    Shirish

    ReplyDelete