Monday, January 21, 2013

Meet Aashay Shah from Allentown, PA

Aashay has been a true pleasure to get to know and work with here in Khambhat. He is a hard worker and jumps in where ever he can be of assistance. I asked home to share a bit about himself, and here is what he said:

Hello, my name is Aashay Shah. I am from Allentown, PA and attended The Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Health Policy and Administration and a concentration in pre-medicine. I have always had a strong interest in pursuing a career in health care as a physician and my chosen field of study allowed me to marry my interests between the clinical and administrative aspects of health care. When I was at Penn State, I was heavily involved with the Penn State Dance Marathon (THON) and helped fundraise nearly $40 million dollars to benefit pediatric cancer patients at the Hershey Medical Center. As a part of THON, I danced for 46 hours nonstop to raise awareness for the pediatric cancer patients and served on the Donor Alumni Relations committee as a Captain to facilitate the mail solicitation campaign. I look forward to attending medical school in the near future and being able to assist on future missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment