Monday, January 14, 2013

T-3 days / Julie Sofer Returns

I have had the pleasure of knowing Julie since our trip to San Jose City, Philippines in February of 2011.  This week I will get to see my friend again when we all meet in NYC to board the flight to India!  Julie wrote to me yesterday and here are her words:


"Hi Cheryl,

My name is Julie Sofer, I am a Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery fellow.  My first international medical experience was during my last month of medical school. I went to Kenya to do a rotation with a Urologist.  While in Kenya I happened to meet some Reconstructive surgeons that flew into small tribal villages to perform surgeries ranging from birth defects to burn deformities.  It was my time with them and my time in the Kenyan hospital that changed my life forever.  It was then that I decided I wanted to become a Plastic/Reconstructive surgeon and help give back to the world....one surgical mission at a time.  Since then I have done 6 missions, this will be my 4th with WSF.

Outside of my missionary work, I live in Royal Oak, Michigan.  I am spoiled with a large loving family of 5 siblings and parents living right around the corner and a wonderful boyfriend, a sweet cat, and lovable dog. 

I am excited to see all of the wonderful participants of the WSF who have taught me a lot and made all these missions amazing experiences."

See you all soon!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment