Wednesday, January 16, 2013

T-1 Day - Meet our India Mission Leader!!

The coordinator of our mission to India this year is Dr. Mukul Parikh, an anesthesiologist who works in Harrisburg.  I have had the pleasure to work alongside him the past two years on trips to the Philippines.   He has a passion for helping others and has done a marvelous job in coordinating this trip including accommodations, meals, ground transportation and oh, did I mention the hospital already has pre-screened over 200 patients and provided us with names, ages, type of cases and other information.  These folks are ready to have their surgeries!  I hope they serve hearty breakfast in Khambhat, because we are all going to need a lot of energy as we are really going to be busy.  Thank you Mukul for overseeing this fantastic journey; can’t wait to see you and everyone tomorrow!!

Here is what Mukul emailed me this morning:

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for doing this blog.  I have sent it to many friends- they are already following it.  Attached is a photo my wife, Neelima took yesterday.   (due to technical difficulties, I will have to post the photo later)

Here is my bio:

·         In Private Practice since 1984
·         Chairman, Dept of Anesthesia at Pinnacle Health System, Harrisburg, PA since 2008
·         Vice-Chair Dept of Anesthesia at Pinnacle Health System, Harrisburg, PA 1999-2007. There are 50 members in Anesthesia Dept
·         Clinical Director, Anesthesia Dept at Polyclinic Medical Center 1994-1999
·         President, Central Penn Anesthesia 1989-1999
·         Fellowship Cardiac Anesthesia and Critical Care, Syracuse, NY. 1983-1984
·         Anesthesia residency Syracuse, NY, 1980-1983
·         Medical School/Internship Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India. 1972-1979.

I have been participating in World Surgical Foundation and other Surgical Missions since 2000. Total of 13 Missions so far including multiple trips to the Philippines, India, Thailand and Ethiopia.  I have organized/coordinated missions to India in 2004 (Vadodara), 2008 (Hyderabad) and most recently our oup this week - Khambat (2013).  I am married to Neelima Parikh, MD- an Anesthesiologist.  I follow her on all the missions- both for surgery and in LIFE.  We have 2 sons- Ankur- Urologist in private practice in Worcester,Mass., and Anuj-  who is a 3rd year General Surgery Resident at Pinnacle Health System, Harrisburg, PA.  I am so happy that Anuj will be coming along with us to participate on Khambhat Mission. 
Looking forward to Khambhat- one of the most organized and generous host Hospital- with more than 200 patients pre-screened and ready. 

Well, my readers;  that is what I have for today.  Perhaps tonight after I pack my still unpacked clothing, I will post again.  Thank you for coming along with us.  It means a lot to each and every member of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment